24 October 2009

AMBUSH Tell Me B/w Pleasing Piece of Mind
























(Ambush Records 1981)




TELL ME


PLEASING PIECE OF MIND


Thanks to Collin for this post!


Bloomington, Indiana based, mixed gender quartet - three fellas and one lady - who may be the same group mentioned in the ACID ARCHIVES as having a later LP. If so, I haven’t seen it. A self-issued release, recorded at Home Grown Studios in beautiful Bloomington, IN; beyond that, not much in the way of details. Luckily for us, the A-side more than speaks for itself. A lovely, fuzz-drenched, mid-tempo rocker reminiscent of Shoes or maybe even the Sponsors, TELL ME epitomizes nearly everything worthwhile about private-press pop/rock. The singer-songwritery flip is excellent as well, but perhaps falls a bit outside this blog’s purview. Too good to be so unknown. Who was Ambush???!

1 comment:

  1. I know the guy who recorded this fairly well. I'll ask him next time I see him what he remembers if anything.

    One thing I can say is that I'm pretty sure this is not the same band that issued the LP. Also, I highly suspect they were not from Bloomington, only recorded there.

    ReplyDelete